Mustangs go one for two in double header against South Tama

by Clay Cooper

The Mustang girls’ basketball team didn’t quite get the end result they were looking for when they lost to the South Tama Trojans 44-38 on Thursday, Dec. 3.
The title for point leader of the night goes to  goes to junior Kayla Jennings. Jennings, racking up 14 points. That’s not all she led in; she also had five steals.
Not far behind Jennings was junior Jayci Vos, who had 10 points along with four assists and three steals.
The rebound champions of the night were juniors Bailey Brodersen and Katie Vande Wall.
After a tough loss from the girls, the boys’ would get the chance to redeem their fallen lady stangs.
Coming off a stressful 55-54 victory over the South Hamilton Hawks, the PCM boys’ basketball team had yet another close battle to the end, but the Mustangs were the better team that night when they brought home the win with a 47-44 victory.
Senior Logan Gilman led the team with 23 points, and behind Gilman was junior Luke Greiner with 13 points.
Gilman also had one of the two three-pointers of the night, and so did senior Austin Brown.
Junior Mark Bruxvoort had the most rebounds with a total of five. Bruxvoort also had the most steals on the night with four.
Senior Austin Brown said, “In order to keep on winning, we have to keep playing as a unit and stick to the game plan Coach comes up with. We also need to stay focused on our goal. We do those three things, and the wins will come.”